[LINUX] Run vmware horizon client on Debian
Instructions for installing VMware horizon client on Debian Linux (AMD64) and booting from firefox. Maybe it's only for our company.
A way to connect from Linux to a Windows remote desktop.
Install VMware horizon
- In a web browser, go to https://my.vmware.com/jp/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_clients/4_0 (version is likely to change).
- Click the [Download] button at 64 bit linux on the displayed page to jump to the download page.
- Become root with / bin / su-.
- Check echo $ PATH for / sbin and / usr / sbin in your PATH. Without this, an error will occur during installation.
- Navigate to the downloaded directory and run a file named VMware-Horizon-Client-5.3.0-15208949.x64.bundle with sh.
- Answer yes to the question.
- Look at the latest vmware-installer-*. log files in /tmp/vmware-root with less.
- Make sure there are no serious errors.
- Make sure that / usr / bin / vmware-view exists and that library files and directories are created in / usr / lib / vmware.
- Depending on the environment, it may be better to log out and re-enter.
Launch from firefox
- Open the internal Workspace One page with firefox.
- After authentication, display the icon to open the desktop.
- Click the icon.
- Maybe it won't start up, so bring up the firefox settings screen.
- In the program, if "File type" is vmware-view and "Handling method" is "Check every time", click "Check every time".
- You should be able to select the file, so specify / usr / bin / vmware-view.
- It may be better to restart firefox once.
- Open Workspace One again and click the icon to launch it.
Use a smart card
- Install the software in debian with apt install pcscd and it works. Other,
I put it in, but it may not matter.